Yo! Look what I just googled:
Mayday. Mayday! Help me…it’s May.
You made it, welcome back! What up fam? Hope all is well with you. As for myself, I really just had a moment thinking about all of those precious lives lost to suicide and the stigma associated with getting the help that we need to thrive in our society. May, of course is mental health awareness month, and as much as it saddens me to think about, it also really makes me appreciate my beautiful mind and how I’ve learned to deal with depression and anxiety. I stay blessed and am very fortunate to not live in places like Alaska or Seattle with gloomy weather for a good portion of the year. Sunshine and warmth are my sanctuary ☀️ I just feel confident by keeping positive and believing things will work out accordingly. They always do, so why stress? All you need is a little faith in yourself and some self love. Believe me, it’s not as easy as it sounds, but it’s totally worth it.
So I gotta ask, how are we doing? It’s okay if you’re not okay. I repeat, it is perfectly alright for you to not be alright. Sit with your feelings. Meditate on them. Even the most uncomfortable ones have lessons to teach you. Just remember not to dwell too long and to move past them. Energy flows better that way. Took me some time, but I have come to understand that life is about the journey, and not the destination. If you don’t appreciate where you’re at now, how do you expect to get to where you want to be?
Knowing all of this, try practicing gratitude as it will attract more positives into your life. Consider the law of attraction.
If you can imagine it in your mind, you CAN experience it in your reality.
Remember to also be patient with yourself my loves. Greatness doesn’t come overnight. Even if you feel fear, have the courage to step forward and embrace it by using daily positive rituals to keep you focused on you.
What are you waiting for? Start today. Start right now! Get motivated to live the life you want to live. If it’s easier said than done, then seek help. Whether it be family, friends, or even a therapist or healer, there are so many resources at your fingertips ready to get you feeling like you again. All you have to do is believe you are worthy; and you are. Even if you don’t believe me, I know it’s true.
If you need some tricks to grow from triggers, I got you.
When you have unhealed wounds and you feel the need to pop off, try this instead:
- Feel it. Take a deep breath & pause 🌬
- Observe (don’t react) even though this will feel highly uncomfortable 🧐
- Re-program the subconscious. Affirm: “I am grateful for this emotion and what it can teach me 😌
- Watch as you form a new relationship with emotions as a form of feedback 👀
- Release. Move forward 👣
Remember always to love yourself. You’re beautiful. I hope qui aide (that helps)
#staywild #followwildthing #wildones🐾
Today I am grateful for:
• More time to learn about volunteering for counseling and therapy
• The “Help” function in Microsoft Excel
• Moments of solitude to clear my thoughts
What saddens you?
For me, the thought of dying alone or leaving this world without knowing a true love or being able to pass on my legacy would be pretty tragic.
What would make today great?
If I could discover different mediums of African art.
Release all the sadness and loss, to let the pain flow away
What amazing things happened today?
1. I finally finished a project at work I had been working on for over a month.
2. I was able to take some time to organize and clean my room from moving recently.
3. I’m learning the importance and the impact of racism on the sexual reproductive health of women of color.
How could I have made today even better?
If I could, I would have liked to spend more time creating a treatment for the latest film idea I have.
- I love and accept myself just as I am.
- I deserve love, health, happiness and prosperity.
- I give and receive love effortlessly & unconditionally.
- I feel stronger, more alive and energized each day.
If I could, I would like to attend my local farmers market to pick up some produce and create a plant-based meal prep for the week.
Follow me for more of that good good ! Until next time loves.
💚 Your Friendly Neighborhood Home Girl