Be Daring. Mediocrity Changes Nothing.
Hello my loves!
So glad you made it. New year, new growth! It’s February, and you know what that means. My people, it’s time for a little self-reflection. Who out there identifies with the V-gang🌱? Fully plant-based vegan peeps, where you at? Comment below with your favorite vegan meal! I feel like people in general think I live this insane healthy lifestyle, but I don’t always hold myself accountable to such standards. Recently, I’ve reached a point in my life where I’ve decided the excuses have to stop and the time is now. My tip for you is make your health a priority; It’s like the cool thing to do, trust me on this one.
Allow me to share my journey with you:
“A good story is like a garden carried in the pocket.”
It’s said in West African cultures that there is an importance of stories represented through proverbs, demonstrating the values and wisdom of West Africa, and passed along throughout the generations. You ever get the feeling that no matter what you do, things will end up just working out in your favor? I guess, you could call it being blessed or Divine timing. We all know I already believe I’m blessed, but I hope you realize that you are too! Gross talk time… go ahead and cover your ears if you don’t want to hear it 🙉
So about a year ago I found out that I had been suffering from the lower abdomen pains of Fibroids, something about 75% of women experience at some point in their lives. Did I mention it’s more common in African American women? Bonus! These little suckers are non-cancerous masses found in and around my uterine walls, often changing in size and shape and causing severe unpleasant symptoms. I remember frequently waking up in the middle in the night, tossing and turning in agonizing discomfort wondering what the heck was going on inside my body? I even had a nice 3-day weekend in the hospital when I unknowingly tried to end my life with complimentary office donuts. Those grapefruit-sized little 🅰️-holes grew up to 17 cm inside of me. It’s basically like there’s another uterus inside my uterus. Yay! Good thing dancers have a high pain tolerance.
Want to know the treatment? Avoid foods that make fibroids worse like high-fat, processed meats, dairy, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine as well as keeping consistent with exercise. Hence, my lifestyle change! I am making the choice to take control of my life. With this responsibility, I am remaining at peace, dealing with what needs to be addressed, and reveling in everything else. Trust me, it’s not completely terrible, although I do have my uncomfortable days. I have high hopes for a bright future, and I only got blessings coming this way. I’m going to manifest and accomplish all of my dreams, I’m claiming it all! You could too. Remember to think, speak, and find a way to work your desires into the universe. She’s listening, you just have to pay attention.
So tell me why I’m driving to work the other day and it’s raining and I’m on the freeway, when all of the sudden I notice this wetness is dripping all inside from the passenger window? I was aware enough to react in time and put the window up, but completely unaware that the last time I rolled my windows up that I apparently neglected to get it all the way up; I view my life lessons in the same regard. If I am ever to try to do my best on the regular, I must be consistent in doing my best everyday. Easier said than done, I know, but it’s totally worth it. Just try it.
How do I plan on doing this, you ask? Self–preservation!!! Checking in is one of the most important gifts we can give to ourselves. We’re loving ourselves right, so why not show it? By knowing our limits, honoring our needs and desires, and taking the time to heal and repair, we are able to give ourselves more spark to radiate our internal light ✨
Home Girl Tips for Persevering
• Ask yourself what goals you would like to accomplish, and be specific. Understand why you want this goal and how you and others will benefit from it.
• Set your intentions to achieve your goal. What helps for me is tasking out my goal into small steps, working backwards from my desired outcome and attainment date. Also, know what resources can help you achieve your goal including people or even the good old Google search.
• Keep a positive attitude by expecting good things will happen. You could even try keeping a daily journal or dairy of your good experiences. Remembering to do this everyday makes me able to practice gratitude more effectively.
• Be here now. Live in the present time and try not to dwell on the past or worry about what might happen. By letting go of your attachments, you’ll learn to not fear everything that comes your way. Hopefully your stress and anxiety fades away too.
• Give yourself a little more credit for your accomplishments. Base these solely off of your own personal standards– not the Kardashians. Have the courage of your convictions, and don’t change or compare yourself with them.
• Try new experiences! Experiment with new ways of improving a products or services at work or other events or hobbies you enjoy. What works for me is looking into how successful individuals or collectives achieved similar goals to mine.
• Always take time to care for your mind, body, spirit and emotions. If you need to, use your phone to schedule quiet times to think and reassess. Put your phone on airplane mode while you’re at it! Practice mindfulness stress relievers such as deep breathing and exercise. For the love of all that’s holy, please I beg you– sleep, eat healthy, and take time for fun and friends. You deserve it!
• Go through your day as yourself living out your goal. Hold your desired outcome firmly in your mind. See it, smell the scents in the air, touch it, and hear all aspects of your goal coming to fruition. Repeat the process again at night.
• Lastly, persist. Just focus on goals daily. Ask yourself regularly whether your activities are moving you forward in the right direction.
DO THIS RIGHT NOW:
Look at yourself in a mirror, take your phone out and reverse the camera so it’s facing you. (Whatever you have to do, please read these 10 lines out loud)
1. I believe in myself.
2. I have clear career goals.
3. I address my limitations.
4. I bounce back from disappointments.
5. I persist.
6. My family and friends support me in my pursuit of goals.
7. I can adapt to change.
8. I focus and complete projects.
9. My goals are consistent with my purpose and values.
10. I can follow my heart when I believe I’m right.
Now is the time my loves. There has never been a better time to inspire creativity, luxury, and romance into our lives. Love is healthy. We’re getting healthy. We’re loving ourselves. So, this month I’m continuing to focus on getting serious about self love and developing a healthy routine I can commit to. What does that entail? Definitely getting more sleep. You should too!
Choose to live life happy, healthy, and whole. Also, just enjoy the crap out of the day. It’s my day, it’s your day, it’s our day.
Love yourz 💚
#staywild #followwildthing #wildones🐾
Today I am grateful for:
• Naps with rain as the background music.
• Kindness from strangers
What are you most afraid of?
For me, not being able to reach my highest potential due to lack of motivation, knowledge, or experience would be one of the worst things to experience as a black woman in America. I have the right to exist.
What would make today great?
If I could remain in each moment that I am presented with and gain balance within myself to confidently pursue my goals of living the healthy alternative lifestyle.
Remembering that I am a forward progression constantly evolving. Strive to transform outdated expectations of privacy, secrets, and introspection.
What amazing things happened today?
1. I was able to express myself freely through art. Keep reading…
2. I got the chance to network with some close friends to discuss upcoming projects and business plans.
3. I started looking into logo designs for my new side hustle.
How could I have made today even better?
If I could, I would have liked to learn different techniques or methods my ancestors used to conquered their fears and find peace within.
- I am fully grounded and supported.
- I joyfully nourish my mind, body and spirit.
- I have enough. I know enough. I am enough.
- I accept that good health is my natural state.
BONUS: What do I plan on accomplishing tomorrow?
If I could, I would like to work on outlining my new business format and strategize an plan for acquiring investors.
You guys, I’m so proud of you for making it this far. I have one last question for you. What are your thoughts on the cannabis industry? I feel like there aren’t enough women who look like me profiting from this. Please go comment with your opinions below, I’m trying to do a little study.
It’s brighter on this side cuz my worlds been flipped up side down
Yo check this out
My head is spinning
Top my shoulders round
Out now, she loud, black and proud Fem on the prowl
Fam you cold
Nah, that’s the sound
It’s rain, we pouring down
Ain’t out here preaching just keepin’ humble, showing queens their crowns
We outchyea and we building
We going coast to coast and we be so extra
Wildthing, cuz you know it’s the wellness queen, she’s the green-eyed goddess if you don’t know
Stay wild, wild ones
You better show
Up for yourself, family, friends and frienemies too
Not even sure what haters are cuz I hate em like they’re tater tots
You get it, cuz everyone loves tater tots and thots
Which reminds me…
Catch up with me for more love wild ones!
💚 Your Friendly Neighborhood Home Girl